Welcome to "Curiouser and Curiouser's" blog. We are a gift, homeware and print shop based in Edinburgh, UK. We love gorgeous things made by creative souls who share our passion for Scandinavian inspired design and beautiful retro patterns. This blog will be a notice board filled with all of our favourite things from new suppliers to help keep you in the loop and also images, quotes and other things that have inspired us.

Monday 19 September 2011

A Trip to the National Museum of Scotland.

When I was a little kid I was obsessed with all things "dinosaur."  One of my favourite books growing up was an illustrated book filled with images of huge reptiles.  I was fascinated by fossils and the idea of these gigantic creatures that walked on our planet so long ago.




When I heard of the re-opening of The National Museum of Scotland I was really keen to go and have a look around, to re-live (in a small way) my trips as a girl, to the Natural History Museum in London.  Dinosaur skeletons, extinct taxidermied animals, gorgeous beetles and butterflies. Walking in to a museum is like a trip back in time, not only because I am surrounded by ancient things, but also because I feel myself regressing to child hood. 


The curators of the museum must be delighted by the reborn Museum.  It is an absolute joy to walk around. The displays are really well thought out and there are a lot of interactive displays for kids and adults alike.  I spent a good 3 hours lazily looking around and felt I had only scratched the surface of what the museum has to offer.   I love the way the animals are posed in their glass cases, whether posed in action, or in a more humorous way.............





I am now planning my return trip to the Museum, I saw some gorgeous carved Buddah statues and think my next visit will be slightly more spiritual.  I am sure it will be no less fun!


Peace.................

No comments:

Post a Comment